Our goal is to simplify everyday charging. Using existing street light infrastructure, ubitricity can help local authorities in the rapid expansion of public charging infrastructure. Fully integrated into the lamppost, our “Chelsea” charging point allows UK’s residents without a private parking space to charge easily with a standard type 2 cable near home.
With more than 5,500 ubitricity charge points installed, we operate the UK’s largest public charging network!
Ready to install EV lamppost charge points in your area?
Please note: You are currently on the ubitricity page for local authorities and cities. If you are an EV driver, learn more about how to charge, pricing and view our charge point map on our ubitricity EV Driver Portal.
Lamppost charge points:
- use existing infrastructure and keeps footpaths free
- are easy to use for all EV drivers
- are energy grid-friendly
- can be planned at short notice, are vastly scalable & can be installed quickly
- are easy to relocate if required
- are fully compliant with industry standards
- Have low investment and operating costs
The UK urgently needs public electric vehicle charging infrastructure
8 million households in the UK and just under a quarter (24%) of households in England do not have access to off-street parking. With no possibility to charge conveniently near home overnight, there is a very legitimate concern that people without a driveway will be left behind in the transition to electric vehicles in the UK.
ubitricity’s lamppost charge point closes this gap by providing on-street charging near home, enabling the adoption of electric vehicles.
Your funding options
The On-street Residential charge point Scheme (ORCS) provides grant funding for local authorities to install residential on-street public charge points.
In addition, we offer to match your council’s goals with the ability to implement lamp post charging points. We offer to cover the difference between the 60% contribution from OZEV and the remaining cost of the project.
We are also happy to support you regarding the new LEVI fund which was announced in March 2022.
Charging with ubitricity is an easy experience for EV drivers
A charge point is only as good as its user-friendliness. Easy access to EV charging near their home is a key advantage of ubitricity‘s lamppost charging points for ubitricity customers.
Implementing lamppost charge points in your area
We want to keep the implementation as easy as possible and offer flexible full-service solutions for the whole life-cycle of an ubitricity charge point.
We utilise existing street infrastructure to provide two electric vehicle charging solutions in the UK:
1. Retrofitted lamppost charge points: Our most popular charge point is fully-integrated into the lamppost column.
2. Satellite bollard charge points: This smart solution allows greater placement flexibility for when lampposts are not located directly close to the street kerb. The bollard is always connected to a lamppost and so requires no major groundworks.
Technical info of charge point “Chelsea”:
|Charging capacity||standard max. 5kW (single-phase, 25 A)|
|Charging mode||Mode 3|
|Communication protocols||OCPP v1.6 Core + communication protocol, Firmware over the air updates|
|Housing||suitable for poles with an inner diameter of > 110 mm in the base and > 67 mm in the column|
Delivering on-street charging webinar
Watch the recording of our webinar in partnership with PSE to learn more about the advantages of using existing infrastructure for public charging points.
Contact us today
Lamppost charge points are:
- Suitable for everyday use: ideal for charging in areas with long dwell times
- User-friendly: quick and easy to use
- Grid-friendly: slow charging with low voltage not only relieves the power grid and avoids power peaks, but also protects the car battery and extends its service life
- Resource-saving: retrofitting into existing street infrastructure allows low material consumption.
- Match-funded: When working with ubitricity we offer a competitive match funded solution.