With ubitricity, it is now possible to charge electric vehicles at lamp posts in Germany. Attached to the lamp post and specially designed for the German market, the fully standard-compliant charge point “Heinz” allows city residents to charge easily with a standard type 2 cable in the immediate surrounding of their home.
The lamp post charge point “Heinz” is now ready to be installed in German cities.
Ready to expand your public charging network?
Lamp post charge point “Heinz”
- specially designed for Germany (fully standard-compliant)
- uses existing infrastructure and keeps footpaths free
- short planning, highly scalable & quick installation
- easy to use for all EV drivers
- low investment and operating cost
Public EV charge points for urban residential areas
Charging at lamp posts in urban regions offers enormous potential, as 40 to 60 percent of drivers living in major German towns and cities do not have a private parking space and thus no possibility to charge conveniently at their doorstep overnight.
ubitricity’s lamp post charge point “Heinz” closes this gap and enables a Germany-wide expansion of charging infrastructure in public spaces, thus supporting the adoption of electric vehicles.
Easy access to public EV charge points
A charge point for electric vehicles is only as good as its user-friendliness. At ubitricity charge points, EV drivers can choose between different access, billing and payment options.
Implementation of lamp post charge point “Heinz” in your area
We want to keep the implementation for cities as easy as possible and offer flexible full-service solutions for the whole life-cycle of an ubitricity charge point.
Technical info of charge point “Heinz”
|Charging power||Up to 3.7 kW (16A single-phase)|
|Charging mode||Mode 3|
|Communication protocols||OCPP 1.5/1.6, EEBUS, ISO 15118 PowerLine Communications (PLC)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D) and weight||158.0 cm x 19.5 cm x 19.5 cm; 27 kg|
Contact us and secure your advantages
Lamp post charge point “Heinz” for Germany by ubitricity:
- Suitable for everyday use: ideal for charging when the car is already parked in an existing location, for example overnight or during work
- User-friendly: illuminated locations, quick and easy use
- Grid-friendly: slow charging with low voltage not only relieves the power grid and avoids power peaks, but also protects the car battery and extends its service life
- Resource-saving: low material consumption due to a compact solution and integration into existing street furniture – supports scalability area-wide and cost-effectively