With ubitricity, it will get possible to charge electric vehicles at urban lamp posts in France. Fully integrated into the lamp post and equipped with an additional plug for micro-mobility, the charging point “Étoile” will allow France’s city residents without a private parking space to charge easily with a standard type 2 cable in the immediate surroundings of their home.
ubitricity is currently working to get the lamp post charge point “Étoile” ready for the French market.
Do you want to learn more about lamp post charging?
Lamp post charge point “Étoile”
- uses existing infrastructure and keeps footpaths free
- additional Type E/F or other socket for Micro-EVs (e.g. Scooter)
- easy to use for all EV drivers
- short planning, highly scalable & quick installation
- easy to relocate if required (new cycle paths)
- low investment and operating costs
Public EV charge points for urban residential areas
Charging at lamp posts in urban regions offers enormous potential, as 40 to 60 percent of drivers living in major French cities do not have a private parking space and thus no possibility to charge conveniently at their doorstep overnight.
ubitricity’s lamp post charge point “Étoile” closes this gap and enables a France-wide expansion of charging infrastructure in public spaces, thus supporting the adoption of electric vehicles.
Easy access to public EV charge points
A charge point for electric vehicles is only as good as its user-friendliness. At ubitricity charge points, EV drivers can choose between different access, billing and payment options.
Implementation of lamp post charge point “Étoile” in your city
We want to keep the implementation for cities as easy as possible and offer flexible full-service solutions for the whole life-cycle of an ubitricity charge point.
Technical info of charge point “Étoile”
|Charging power||Standard max. 5.5kW (24 A) + 3.0 kW (13 A)|
|Charging mode||Mode 3 + Mode 1|
|Communication protocols||2G / 4G mobile connectivity (SIM card included),|
OCPP v1.6 Core + communication protocol
|Housing||suitable for poles with an inner diameter of >115 mm at the hatch|
Contact us and secure your advantages
Lamp post charge point “Étoile” for France by ubitricity:
- Suitable for everyday use: ideal for charging when the car is parked anyway, for example overnight or during work
- User-friendly: illuminated locations and quick, easy use
- Grid-friendly: slow charging with low voltage not only relieves the power grid and avoids power peaks, but also protects the car battery and extends its service life
- Resource-saving: low material consumption due to a compact solution and integration into existing street furniture – and thus also scalable area-wide and cost-effectively